1. There is no masters in this show, so I am in with everyone (all the fitty youngsters!), and I felt I held my own and fitted in nicely.
2. Looking at the photographs, I am so pleased with my progress in my glutes and legs. I have achieved what I set out to do, and have now got a tight butt and legs that match the muscularity of my upper body, and so look more symmetrical and balanced than I ever have.
3. The check in was easy, and the show was really enjoyable, backstage was friendly and the staff were so helpful and just great.
4. I lost to worthy opponents, 1st and 2nd place had physiques to die for, and 3rd and mine I hear were a close call.
5. Feedback from judges was that my posing was tense, and I need to relax a little. And they were right. I felt awkward at times, and it shows. Just goes to show practice means everything. And I didn’t practice enough, or understand how to pose Body Fitness style, until the day, and until I saw the other girls in the photos make it look so natural. I am so used to the tense compulsories of the Physique class.
6. My opinion..if it was just judged on rear shot ...I would of won! Lol!
So, what does loosing mean? I have 6 weeks to prep for my next show on the 5th July in Uxbridge for the British Grand Prix. Going in armed with new posing practice regime, and different peak week prep after practising with 2 and still not being quite happy, I know what I’m going to do next time now.
People always think you would be disappointment when you loose. You absolutely shouldn’t. It should just fire you up to be better next time, look at the photos, listen to feedback, correct your mistakes and get back on it.
A question I often get asked is ‘Why do you do it? All that work for either nothing or, if you’re lucky a trophy to show for it?’ Of course that not all you get from doing this! Look at the pictures...I get to live with a fit and healthy body, that makes me proud to look at and see in the mirror, if gives me confidence, a strong heart, strong joints, delays ageing, endless energy, deep sleeps, encourages me to learn about good food and nutrition and the shows drive my ambitions and gives me something to look forward to. I am proud to be a 43 year old female UKBFF British Body Builder, and enjoy every minute of the process. So until the next time..enjoy some photos. xx